Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dr's Appointments...UGHHH

At the first of the month I went to my ob-gyn for my annual physical and then that same day I went to the Dermatologist for my annual check up. Along with the crotchtologist it was time for the yearly mammogram. Well here are the results from those appointments
1 - ob-gyn - my Cholesterol is a little HIGH - Ineed to eat a low fat diet and exercise which I already do.
2- ob-gyn - the blood test on my liver is also high - come back in a month and have it retested.
3- dermatologist - I had a mole on my leg that he took off - pre-cancerous - come back in a week and have more surrounding tissue removed.
4- mammogram - possibility of abnormal growth in the right breast - come back for more tests.

OK REALLY!!!! Every appointment I had there was something wrong UGHHH!!!
The Cholesterol isn't high enough to worry about so it's OK.
Won't know about the liver until next month.
The mole is gone and now I will have a 1 inch scar on my leg.
The additional tests on my breast all came back normal.
It was a very scary,stressful and emotional couple of weeks but I'm glad that everything turned out OK. I guess it is good that I keep up on my appointments so that nothing gets out of hand!
These are some pictures of my mole
The first one is after the Dr. had initially taken the mole off.

This is the chunk that was taken off my leg.
It is about the size of a quarter and about
1/2 inch thick gross!!

This is the aftermath. I told the dr. I
didn't want no big ass ugly scar there!!
I will post a picture after the stitches are
taken out.

1 comment:

m2mommy said...

I am glad you are ok!!!